Tuesday, February 22, 2011

10 of my favorite.....

Scriptures:

1 Cor 3:7
Neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow

Psalm 118:1
Thank God because he's good, because his love never quits

Psalm 118:13-16
I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me.  The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation

James 1:12
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him

1 Cor 10:24
Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others

1 Samuel 16:7b
The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.  Man looks at outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart

Prov 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Prov 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed

Psalm 31:7-8
I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall


There are SO many more, but these are just 10 that God has implanted in my heart and mind...I'd love to hear back of some that you carry close to YOUR heart!

Be blessed, and stay strong brothers!

3 comments:

Dennis Richardson said...

Check out Romans 8:29 and then ask yourself, "if this is true, then how much change might I expect in my life?" (one of my favorites)

Also, Hebrews 12:11 is one that will really strengthen you if you are being disciplined by The Lord.

TEN said...

Rom 8:29....wow..."conformed to the likeness of his Son"...I'd imagine that since I am SO far off of that image, I should hope there will be MUCH change in my life!

Heb 12:11...that is a very encouraging verse...I am thankful that the Word has taught me that the Lord's discipline is actually a great thing, because it sure isn't fun to live through sometimes!

Thanks D!

MattandCorey said...

James 1:2-Consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds b/c the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

Colossians 3:23-Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as if working for the Lord and not man. (Kinda makes griping and complaining seem silly if you think about WHATEVER you do, you should do it as if doing it for the Lord! Also makes me think twice about the activities I participate in. But I go back to the words of Paul, I do the things I don't want to do and the things I want to do, I don't do. WHYYYYYYYY?????)

Prov 3:5-Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (I don't always understand His ways, but this verse helps remind me to just trust Him and not try to rely on my own understanding...or non-understanding!)

Ephesians 2:8-For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, not by works it is a gift of God. (Sums up the gospel. Eliminates any doubt as to whether or not we can work our way into heaven. It's faith in Christ's death, burial & resurrection. Period.)