Saturday, November 12, 2011

Date day...

Daddy/daughter date day that is!  I took just Edie to the movie today, and we saw "Dolphin Tale."  Her class had learned about dolphins, and it was a story she was atleast familiar with.  I can tell you right now before anything else that this movie is worth watching and owning!

I am big time into life lessons and finding opportunities to illustrate these easily to others.  Movies like Rudy, Cinderalla Man, Pursuit of Happyness, Facing the Giants, etc, all have all sorts of life lessons placed throughout the scripts.  This movie is no different.  Here are just a few things that went through my head or stood out to me while watching this:

-God puts people in the exact right spot at the exact right moment
-Sometimes there are bumps in the road, but the focus needs to be on the end result you are working towards, not the bump right in front of you.
-Follow and sell-out for what you are passionate about.  Don't let others steal your joy.  Only YOU control that.
-You might not fully understand the dreams and passions of another person, so be sure and STOP and SEE the bigger picture, not just from your eyes, but theirs.  LISTEN to them.
-Take every lesson you learn in life and carry it with you into everyday.  You never know when you will need to draw on something from a past experience that you learned to get you through something ahead of you.

I can honestly tell you that I could write for another thirty minutes on this film and the lessons you can take away from it.  I encourage you to go see it yourself if you haven't, and if you have, recall what you took from it then and apply it!

It doesn't surprise me at all that God put this movie into my week.  He is working on some fun and exciting things right now, and I don't know what all lies ahead, but I know my trust, hope, and faith are in him first and foremost!  NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD! 

Remember that...

No comments: