Sunday, October 9, 2011

Life and baseball...

I LOVE baseball.  More than that, I LOVE getting to coach baseball. 

It really hit me Saturday as I coached for the last time this fall just how much baseball and life are closely related.  You see, in my opinion, to be good at both it's all about fundamentals and basics.  Think about that for a second.  In order to throw properly, hit properly, catch properly, etc, there are alot of mechanics you have to get down..  Not only that, but you have to be able to do them over and over the same way.

So now think about life.  It's all about attitude and choices.  But those attitudes and choices are learned first, and then practiced over and over.  When you stray from them, you have trouble.  Same as baseball.  If you don't watch the ball, you won't hit it. 

I think it is a pretty awesome comparison and such a great opportunity to teach kids about life through the most amazing game ever played!  I encourage you to take the opportunity to make that difference in a kid's life if presented the chance!

Man, I love baseball EVEN MORE now!

GO RANGERS!!!   

No comments: